Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Frustrated Inc.


It feels like forever since I've written anything of consequence on here, and not for lack of having things to say, but for my inability to sit down and actually write. If I had a laptop and I could write anytime I felt the urge, I'd probably update this thing a few times a week. But whenever I get the time at home I just get bored with things and never seem to follow through.

It occured to me recently that this page might exist decades from now - hell, someday my grandkids could hypothetically be reading everything I write. But somehow that's not enough motivation to say anything.

See, I used to be funny.
I used to be clever and witty.
I used to have opinions.
I used to get out and do fun things.

Now I'm just boring.
I hope I can get my head out of my ass and my hands out of my pockets more in the future.

Even still...

I read the entirety of Bush's State of the Union address last week, and even though it seems to be fashionable in the blog-world to refrain from commenting on it this year, I did have alot to say.
Though the time to comment has come and passed, there were a few things to note:
A) Katrina victims and New Orleans didn't receive any attention whatsoever
B) The alleged victories that Bush claims to have captured over the "terrorists" are fairytales,
and
C) those stories of "heroes" doing great deeds within America... what the hell was that? Despite their irrelevance, Bush basically tried to bestow credit upon himself for how good these people are.

Unfortunately I missed the address on TV - if only to witness the President's struggle to spew out the bullshit in coherent sentences.

No comments: