Sunday, October 18, 2009

Takin' pictures of a tidal wave, on the shore grinnin' a hundred feet away

Welly welly welly, changes are afoot young grasshoppa's.

First things first, in three days I am out of a job. I've always said that this whole economic crash thing hasn't changed the way I've rocked out, but karma's a bitch I guess.
My company just lacks revenue at the moment, and for a few weeks I'll be unemployed. Hello EI!
But by the look of things I'll be back in the game soon with a contract at the university in the engineering department. Always looks good on the ol' resume... and after the contract is finished it might be time for me to get my ass back to school. Time will tell I guess.

Last weekend was a good one, got to see a bunch of old friends back home, got to install some flooring with my brother (fun times. ugh.), got some good thanksgiving eats, and had about 400 loonies dropped on some badass additions to my wardrobe. I'll be big pimpin' for Vegas.
Also went out to some album release thing for a band my dad likes. Pretty good show, and even though we showed up after the opening act was done, we got front row seats cuz my dad knows guys at the venue. Sick shit.
Unfortunately I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to back home, and I was actually planning to head back to Barrie this weekend, but it didn't happen.

Went out to see the band boys at the Frog on friday, met some interesting characters and got absolutely shithammered. Even played chess that night for the first time in years. Drinking chess of course. Then I nursed an atrocious hangover all day saturday (thought I was gonna blow chunks a few times, but survived) and went out as a wingman for a buddy that night. Interesting evening to say the least. Predrank at a pad with some fine lookin ladies, a rambunctious dog who nearly bit through my jeans, and two fucking cats who sent my allergies off. Then we took off to another predrink for a bday party, and it was a raging vagina monologue of about 20 girls and 4 guys. Can't complain though. *Visions of that sea of tits from that shitty Josh Hartnett movie* Bling bling.
I can complain about the bar of choice though. Up On Carling - never been there before, at least not since it was Old Chi-cougars back in the day.
Let's just say there's a first and last time for everything... and that was it. Shitty music, not chill at all, and those creepy weirdos on the side of the dancefloor reeked of STDs.
They even put that fuckin black guy in the bathroom for my pity change. Go fuck yourself buddy, I'm the least interested in your squeegie-kid-come-affirmative-action-but-actually-just-embarrassment-and-humiliation bullshit. Fuck.

Went to the mall today and finally got 4 pairs of pants shortened. They were just sitting in my closet forever, longing to be cut. Sitting there, fucking staring my in the face - day in, day out. I feel so free now hahaha.

Won all three games of dodgeball today, despite massive amounts of cheating on the other side of the court. Taped up my shoulder again, and it helped alot. I was on fire today, just picking people off left right and fuckin centre. Literally balls of smoke and flames were coming out of my hands and into the gunts of unsuspecting opponents. Sheeeeit. Didn't take any shots to the face or head today, but alot of my teammates did. Suckas.

Hot damn its almost midnight and I gotta get some sleep.

No comments: