Monday, January 26, 2009

I got a left front tire throwin' thread, by tomorrow mornin' I could dead

Somehow I haven't updated on all the news that came over the Christmas break, so here goes:

  1. Mintvis became an uncle (again). My step-sis Jess had a baby girl "Jahnavi" on the 28th of December. She was actually born about a month early, but her weight was good and everything worked out fine. It was just a bit unexpected, as my step-mom, dad and I had to race back to TO from Chatham the day it all went down.
  2. My friends Mike and Erin got engaged on the 24th (I think... either that or the 25th)
  3. My brother and his girlfriend Angela got engaged on the 28th, 29th, or 30th in Cuba. I dunno. Mangela is gonna be a part of the family now, so maybe I'll have to be nicer to her. Probably not though.
  4. My buddy NVP and his girlfriend Laura got engaged too. No idea on the date of that one.
  5. My cousin's youngest son swallowed a penny in Penetang and had to be rushed to sick kids in TO via ambulance to have the thing removed. Apparently he dropped some shreddies and when he scooped em up to feast, he took a penny with em. He then started puking all over the place so they had to get him help. But it all worked out. Unfortunately I had to vacate my bed at my dad's place to crash on a love seat at Findlay's downtwon. But it was good to chill with him so I can't complain.
  6. I got coma-worthy drunk twice over the break (new year's included), and had at least a beer everyday during my time off. My boss gave me 2 solid weeks which was mint.
  7. I saw Fred Eaglesmith with the old man. Jahnavi was actually born during the concert. Eaglesmith is mint.



The anecdote ends at about the 5 minute point. Solid fuckin tune.

No comments: