Thursday, June 15, 2006

I fucking knew it

You've head of Nostradamus, right?
Introducing *bum-ba-da-dum* --- Nostramintvis!

I knew this summer was gonna be shite at work.

I took a day off last week for my bro's grad down in St Kitter's, and I came back friday only to find that 2 guys from our 5-man crew got fired the day I was gone. Now, the one deserved it cuz he was too lazy for my boss to handle, but I think the other guy just got caught in the crossfire.

His name was Greg, and he was an awesome guy to work with. Always willing to lend a hand if anyone needed it, always friendly (even to people who were being complete pricks), and always easy to talk to about anything.

He could do far more at work than I could hope to do, and I think the boss even realizes it was a mistake to have fired him. He was a definite asset, but now we're pretty fucked.

We just got a new guy today, but he has no experience at all with the kind of stuff we do, so I'm gonna have to be a teacher to a guy whos twice my age cuz the other two know-it-all about the biz, and generally aren't the greatest mentors. It's also kinda weird to be the "superior" to a guy of that age. And the other two guys I work with are probably 50, so it really sucked that my two former co-workers got fired, cuz they were closer to my age. Now it's me and three old dudes.

Wicked

I can harldy wait to work extra hard now that I'm the only one with youthful energy.
Though I'm not exactly a ball of electricity to begin with.

So fuck. We'll see how it goes I guess.

No comments: