Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Meet me in Montauk

Find-a-lay musta rubbed off on me, because I went out of my way to see alot of good movies this past year. The five best were hard to pick, but here they are.

Top 5 Movies of the Past Year:

5. The Boondock Saints
Mather bugged me forever to see this one, and I assumed it wasn't anything special. But it turned out to be a really cool movie that posed some interesting questions about true morality and justice. What if you eliminate bad people for the plain and simple fact that they are bad people? Watch the movie and find out. And seeing Willem Dafoe as a gay guy is something... different.





4. Garden State
Zach Braff is best known for his role in Scrubs, but this movie bit seems to be his forte. A simple story about returning home and finding out who he really is, and what really matters in life. Can't wait to see what he comes out with next.







3. The Incredibles
The apex of computer animation with a really cool plotline and characters. The shots featuring fire and water show just how far this shit has come in the past decade. Perfect for a few sequels, and I bet I'll watch them dozens of times too.







2. Crash
I had a whole post about this movie already, but to put it simply: I think everyone should see this movie. It really makes you question your own biases and mindsets. You'll be surprised at the things you realize about yourself.







1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
It is better to have loved and lost than to completely forget that love. An amazing look at the possibilities of the future, and how those possibilities can fuck up everything you believe in if you don't handle things responsibly. Jim Carrey and Kate Winslett put on awesome lead performances, and this movie really throws your mind some curveballs. I gotta get out and buy the collector's edition, cuz this one is a legend.

No comments: