Monday, December 07, 2009

Eye of the Tiger

After months of dicking around, I finally hit the eye doctor last week.
I'm convinced that the plug I used to see up in Barrie was an amateur, since the contacts he ordered for me were allegedly useful in both eyes, meanwhile each eye definitely has a different prescription. Figure that one out.

The dude I saw last week was pretty good, though his office was tiny and his receptionist was a joke. I had to laugh that he had a poster on the wall of Tiger Woods plugging for Lasik eye surgery. Too bad it wasn't a poster of him plugging some cocktail waitress. HEY-O!
What's his tally at now? 8 or 9?? Those endorsement deals are gonna dry up faster than a puddle in the Sahara. Sheeeeeeeit.


Fortunately I didn't get the blast of air in my eyes like I always used to, but this time I did get a test done that I'd never had before.
I've never had any drops put in my eyes, but he did one set to test for internal pressure and one to dilate my pupils so he could see inside. I looked like I was stoned out of my mind on shrooms all day. Not to mention the fact that I had to drive home in the bright sun right after the exam. I was squinting like a Chinese welder, let me tell ya.

And with the brightness problem comes the inability to focus on things that are close to you. So I sat round in the dark all day watching shitty tv.

Anyway, I'm gonna test some new contacts out this week, and my 2 new pairs of glasses are due in sometime this week as well. So I'm all set. too bad I'm also all poor now.
Pissin me off...

No comments: