Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life never bothered to give me lemons. I just got onions instead.

Most days that I'm feeling shitty, I try to remind myself that we're all just tubes of meat held up by bones with blood rocketing through our bodies to keep us breathing.
We all have to eat, we all have to shit.
We're all just animals with overblown emotions that evolved into the things we now know as love/hate/fear/trust/jealousy/etc.

But some days it's a little harder to just accept that life as an animal ain't so bad. Some days things are as bad as they seem, and it's next to impossible to convince yourself otherwise.

Today was one of those days for me.

Everything may be coming up Millhouse, but nothing is coming up Mintvis.

And I think tomorrow is going to be one of those days that I just won't want to get out of bed at all.

I'll have to face a friend who's currently digging a knife in my back, a job that has turned into something it was never supposed to be, and a myriad of depressing realizations about my life that are pretty hard to take.
Then to top it off, in the evening I'll be seeing the girl whose heart I tore in two, for no apparent reason. And I still haven't made peace with that. Not by a long shot.



I already watched I Am Legend tonight, and I think it might be time for a little Cast Away.

No comments: