Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Roll Out

It never seems to fail that I'm the last one to move out of a house.
All through university it was that way, and again I'm packing up alone.

It's kinda depressing to wander back and forth through this place while all the walls are bare and the rooms are empty. It's also a pain in the ass not to have a TV, but luckily there wasn't any hockey on tonight anyway.

I have to admit I'm glad to be leaving my current place.
Granted it was a good location, the price was sweet, and we dangled an 8 month lease out of the landlord, but the house itself is in pretty rough shape. The walls are crooked, the rooms are kinda tight, and the ants have begun to come out of the woodwork. I swear I've killed 20 in the last week.
Not to mention the whole "half an address" bullshit, since the house is actually behind the main strip along the road.

Plus this house has some shitty memories attached to it. I haven't exactly had the best time here, so I'm glad to be startin fresh in a new place.

Our new pad is pretty sweet, and it's definitely got more class and character than most of the places I've lived in. I'm lookin forward to throwing our party on Saturday, which may or may not involve a Texas mickey of rye. It's kind of a joint bday for James and Jake, plus a housewarming party for Mike, Jake, and I.
Should be a solid shit show.

I have many things to talk about, but for the moment I've gotta get back to laundry, dishes and packing.

It's all giving me mad AIDS right now.

No comments: