Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's kinda like laying down a bunt to Jim Abbott...

I've decided that I have way too much faith in people.

A few weeks back I took a huge suckerpunch at the bar, while trying to break up two meatheads who were drunkenly shoving each other. (Honestly, who blindsides the skinny kid wearing glasses?)

Last weekend an old buddy of mine was ready to knock me out over something I said to his girlfriend two and a half years ago. I basically said something to her in confidence back then, and I'm just finding out now that confidentiality ain't what it used to be.

All the little things are bothering me about the world lately.

I really feel surrounded by people who've been raised by televisions and gameboys. And the undeserved air of entitlement is nauseating. Where the fuck are the morals and decency? Where's the depth of character? And where the fuck were the parents in these peoples' childhoods?
It's kinda like looking around expecting to see lakes and oceans and all I see is filthy puddles. And it's goddamn depressing.

The world's not what I had envisioned as a kid. Everyone's in it for themselves.

I'm starting to think it might be time to join the party. Nice guys really do seem to finish last, and I'm the nicest asshole in town.

Maybe it's time to take the girl home even if she's too drunk to stand.
Maybe it's time to stab friends in the back and smile to their faces.
Maybe it's time to stop expecting people to do the right thing.
Maybe, just maybe, it's time to just lay down that gutless bunt, and wear a shit-eating grin on 1st base.
It seems to be working for everyone else...

1 comment:

crazycatlady said...

gotta have faith voleface!!!