Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A Breath of Fresh Air

I grabbed a coffee at around 9:30 this morning from the lunch room, and knowing that my boss was out doing errands around town, I didn't expect anyone to be in the lab when I got back.

But when I walked through the door I just knew somebody was there.

I couldn't see anyone; couldn't hear them. I couldn't feel any vibrations in the floor; couldn't taste their presence. But somehow I knew they were there.

I could fucking smell them.

And you guessed it, it was that stanky hoor Rezwana.

"The Due" has really been getting to me lately.

She can't tell the difference between mass and concentration.
She shuts down my computer files for no reason at all.
She wears the same clothes for five days straight.
She is a skidmark on Canada.

She perpetually asks "Tra-fus vare ees Erin?"
"I don't know you stupid bitch, probably out in the world doing something productive. Imagine the antithesis of your life - she's out there doing that!"

But today I received good news!!
Not only is she heading back to India due to "health reasons" (aka she can't hack it here), she's left our lab forever!!!!
My boss got to the end of her rope at the same time that Rezwana's supervisor did, and they both agreed that she wasn't accomplishing anything at all in our lab. So now the prof has to watch her every move back on campus, to ensure she isn't just mooching a paycheque anymore.

I'm all smiles.

For once I don't have to breathe through my mouth for an entire day straight.

No comments: