Friday, April 11, 2008

hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over


Yesterday on the bus ride home from campus it finally set in that I'd never have another class or write another undergrad paper ever again.

I had just pulled an all-nighter (the first one ever in my 5 years at university) finishing two big lab reports. Let me tell ya it was a rough night. Probably wrote up close to 35 pages in the final 24 hrs before the deadline. Handed in my 29-pager with 2 minutes to spare. Talk about down to the wire. Then I just had to drop off the second report and it was all gravy.

I grabbed a disgusting "souvlaki" (I can't believe they can call it that) from the Pita Pit just before getting home, and promptly fell asleep for 18 consecutive hours. And I woke up feeling tired as hell... weird.

The birds living in my wall are doing their best woodpecker impersonations lately. I tried ramming some pop cans into their access hole below my window, but they got around my blockade. At this point there's no point in even trying to get our slum landlord to fix the damn thing. It would take them months to get around to it.

Anyway, it's time to study up for exams.
translation - slack off for a few days and then cram like hell.

Some things never do change with time or experience...

No comments: