Thursday, October 11, 2007

Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich

Amazingly, I actually made it out to the polls for the provincial election yesterday.
I'm usually up with all the political stuff, but school this year has kept me too busy to really care much about the election. Plus it seems like nothing drastic was happening, beyond the referendum for the new voting system.
The liberals ended up with an even larger majority than they had before, which actually surprised me. And as far as I've heard, the Conservative leader John Tory actually lost his own riding (which, incidentally, is my old man's riding).
Apparently two thirds of Ontarians don't like the new system that was proposed, and prefer to stick to the standard voting system. I think the new way would be a little more democratic, but the big parties would suffer, so I guess the hardcores got what they wanted.













Last week was stressful as hell for me, and I'm only out of the woods for a few days when it comes to exams and stuff.
I did make time to get out and golf with the lads on Saturday, which almost got rained out badly. We drove down to the course in a torrential storm, but the skies broke just as our tee-off time came around. We only played 16 holes, due to a combination of darkness falling and our rather large beer tab.

Not much else going on at the moment, but I need some bloody sleep.
Mint out.

No comments: