Thursday, July 13, 2006

And the "Worst Burger" prize goes to... the Whopper!

Well the World Cup has come and gone, and the only ones still waving their flags are the fucking Italians.

Personally, if I was an Italian supporter, I'd have dropped the flag from my car the moment that pansy took a dive against the Ausi's to advance in the semi's. They didn't deserve to win that game, not to mention the entire tournament.

And then there's the infamous comment by Marco Materazzi that got Zinedine Zidane booted from the final game, "We all know you are the son of a terrorist whore."


Hold your heads high you classy people, hold them high.

My two teams were the Dutch and the English.


Holland looked like crap to start the tournament, but improved as they moved along. And if it wasn't for that fucking Portugese bastard Deco, I bet they'd have gone farther. Oddly enough, a German was suspeneded from a game after officials reviewed video of him throwing a punch at an opponent, but Deco didn't get suspended for his headbutt. Stupid shite.

Speaking of shite, the English never looked like a team that knew what they were doing. Beckham's free kick goal was a highlight, but beyond that they couldn't get much else done it seemed. That one English plug (I forget his name) had the most shots in the tournament, but didn't score a single damn goal! And the fact that Portugal put out both the Dutch and The Limeys just makes me hate them more. Fuck you, you bastards.

Oh, and fuck all that diving bullshit too. There's a reason so many people think soccer is a joke, and that's because of the crap that goes on with flagarant dives. If every diving player was red-carded, I bet the sport would earn alot of cred that it deserves. Here's a video from MG on the topic. I'd post it on here, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get a YouTube video to come up on this blog.

No comments: