Sunday, August 21, 2005

Gotta gotta be down, because I want it all

So here comes the first of the "Top 5's" for the past year.
I'll start out with a simple one that doesn't take much effort, then get to more stuff this week.

Without further adieu...

My Top 5 Songs of the Past Year:

5. Pilate - Into Your Hideout
A toe-tapping song that goes perfectly with a 12 pack of beer. Comes from a solid album, and the live show I caught down in Toronto last summer was pretty good too.

4. Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy
An old tune, but I only thought to buy the CD last year. I listened to this one alot this year, for some reason.

3. Matthew Good - Weapon
If there was one song I listened to the most in the past year, it had to be Weapon. Hands down. Probably my favourite MG song, and even though it's been kickin around for a few years, I never seem to get tired of it.

2.The Killers - Mr. Brightside
As the Brock boys know all too well... it was only Mintvis, it was only Mintvis! Can't even guess at how many times I sang along to this one.

1. Stereophonics - Not Up To You
This one is quite old, but I only heard it for the first time last fall. I originally discovered the acoustic version, and listened to it alot. Then I bought the record and found the original version, which is far more rockin'. I wanna learn how to play it on the guitar, since it sounds pretty simple, and I suck at the guitar. Mint tune though.



Honourable Mentions:
Simon and Garfunkel - Cecilia
Stereophonics - Rewind
Hayden - Girl of my Dreams
Modest Mouse - Float On
Green Day - Holiday

No comments: