Friday, July 22, 2005

And the power's out... in the heart of man

In a few hours I'll be off to Hillside down in Guelph. I've been looking foirward to this weekend for months now, since I bought my ticket a long while back. It's bascially a 3 day concert on an island with a few stages set up. I've never been, but my cousin Sean's been down a few times, and he says it's always a great time. We're doing the whole camping/lazing around/boozing thing for the entire weekend (naturally we'll also being going to the concert, make no mistake), which is gonna be great. I hope we have some good neighbours at our site.

The list of bands performing is long, but a few that I'm really lookin forward to seeing are: The Arcade Fire, Stars, Sam Roberts, Lowest of the Low, The Weakerthans, Cuff the Duke, Broken Social Scene, and The Most Serene Republic.

I'm sure I'll find a few more that I like; Sean tells me there's a ton of other great acts.

As it turns out, my friend D from London actually knows the guys from The Most Serene Republic too, which is pretty cool. Maybe I'll run into Adrian and say, "Hey man, you know D and Findlay right? Me too!" Then he'll buy me beer and introduce me to all of the bands and I'll be invited to play with BSS for a few songs. Banging pots together or something. Not likely.

I'm sure I'll write all about it when I get home Sunday. But for now I gotta go pack and get some stuff done.

No comments: