Friday, May 27, 2005

I'm tired of lookin round rooms wonderin what I gotta do, or who I'm supposed to be

I got off work today at about 1:30 which was awesome. Just sat around and cleaned up the construction yard all day anyway, so it felt like a really long day even though it was short.

Finally figured out what that catchy tune was that was stuck in my head. I remembered the beat and stuff, but no words. Then some words came to me and I found it on the web. The guy's name is Gavin Degraw. At first I thought he was a country singer, with a name like that. I think he's an indy rocker-style dude from New York though. And the song's called "I Don't Wanna Be". Pretty mint song, and he's got a few other good ones too.

Not much going on at the moment, just getting started at organizing the old man's 900+ records. Tons of bands I've never heard of, but some classic albums have popped up already.

Sidenote: if you say "Mike Weir" it sounds like you're saying "my queer"

By the looks of it Monty, Arden, and I are going out for a few pints tonight. I expect a few more to come with, but who knows. I've only had a few nights of drinking since the end of school, which is pretty odd for me. But I guess it's easier to drink alot when you don't have to be up at any certain time, like during the school year. Mid-week drinkathons are now out of the question when we have to get up at 6 a.m. daily.

Not much else to say at the moment, so I'm getting back to the vinyls.

No comments: