Friday, July 17, 2009

You go to school and you learn to read n' write, so you can walk into the county bank and sign away yer life

My floor and bed are absolutely covered in tiny little silver sparkles.
Fucking Heath Ledger and her goddamn glitter glue... living proof that if you let a woman into your bed, your life will go to hell. If not your life, then your sanity at the very least.

Work has been shitty this week, nothing seems to be working right.
Add acid and the pH fucking rises - things like that.
At least my boss finally took my suggestion to pass along certain files so I can do my job effectively, so I suppose that's a small blessing.

Saw Steve Earle last weekend at Massey Hall in TO. The audio could've been a little better, I have to say. And go figure, the loudest most ignorant bitch in the place was sitting two rows behind us. The phrases, "You go boyfriend!" and "I love you Stevie" were said far too many fucking times. I think it kinda ruined the show for my step-mom, unfortunately.


Ol' Steve looks more like a washed-up roadie than a legendary pioneer of the country-rock world, but damn he's solid live. Wicked on the guitar, and it looks absolutely effortless.
The show started off a little slow with a few too many Van Zandt tunes, but picked up big time after he played Tom Ames' Prayer. Highlights included My Old Friend the Blues, Jerusalem, Devil's Right Hand, Someday, Goodbye, Guitar Town, and of course Copperhead Road.

Jason Collett as an opening act was pretty good too. Maybe a little too mellow. And get some fucking pants that fit properly, you asshole.

I'm debating hitting up Bluesfest this weekend to see Earle again, and repeatedly requesting Angry Young Man. Might be roped into seeing the new HPo though, so we shall see if that pans out...

I always think of tons of things to write about during the day, then I get home and forget everything.

Typical.

No comments: