Tuesday, June 02, 2009

May Two-Four

Before it escapes me entirely, I'd better make a quick post about this year's May 24 weekend.

The weekend was supposed to have started on Thursday up in Bayfield at a couple of friends' cottage. I had taken the Friday off in preparation for two nights up there, followed by two nights up near Honey Harbour with the Muckers up at MacCrae.

But with all the knife-in-the-back bullshit the week before, I decided to hold out and come up on Friday with a few buddies who weren't involved in all of that shit (a few people who actually were involved were at the cottage Thurs night, so I think it was a good idea to hold off).

Friday night was good, but after a long day of drinking, and a big game strip flip-cup (in which I was crushing red wine instead of beer) I got blackout drunk and ended up falling on my ass when KP tried to grab a piggieback ride from me. I was put to bed shortly thereafter. hahaha

The next day James and I had a devastating 3 hour drive to Barrie, which started at about 8:30. Once we got there, he had another two hours to his cottage, and I had another hour or so in my parents' car followed by a 20 minute hike through mud and rock to meet the Muckers.

Fortunately the rain had only come on the Friday night, and held off for the rest of the weekend. But fuck me was it ever cold. So cold you didnt want to touch many of those cold beers. The wind was the worst part of it. Add up all of the bullshit back home, and I really didn't drink much at all for the rest of the weekend. Wasn't really in the mood...

Caught a ton of fish though. One little ballsy mofo was about the size of my lure:

My Bro ended up winning the trophy, but it was a small crew of guys up there this year, so the winning fish wasn't exactly a behemoth.

If I can remember now, I think we had: myself, my bro, my old man, Sean, Pun, Pun's bro, Neil, Baz, Overdrink, Zif (and his badass dog Aero), Anders, Jamie Doe, and Eddie who had to leave early cuz he got sick.

Scale of mintness for your typical May 24: 4 out of 10

No comments: