Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Animal Years, V for V, and C'Mon C'Mon

As usual it took me about 3 months to get my ass in gear and figure out my top 5's for the last year. I try to do it near my birthday, but it never works out.
I'm just too fuckin lazy.

In other news, I read an article on the BBC today that looked at the cost of the American wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Current estimates put the average cost of the war on terror at $20 000 per 4-person family. But thankfully every American will be saving huge at the gas stations...
Well at least everyone has a place to live...
And the American economy as a whole is surging...

I remember getting in an argument with an American kid one time, maybe 7 or 8 years ago, and I told him that every great empire that has ever existed in the world has fallen. And the USA is no different. It's becoming more evident by the day that America will not be the dominant world power in 20 years, and that fills me with a sense of satisfaction.
At the same time it makes me wonder how China and India will run the world once they've got the power. Let's just hope the US doesn't get pissy and start nuking everyone.

At long last, I'm finally off my disgusting antibiotics. I drank heavily about 5 or 6 times while I was on them, but I survived the pain in my liver. I did get a good lecture from the wife about it though.
She's probably right... after all, nobody wants hepatitis!

No comments: