Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hallucinating and blasting puke

So I finally got the Cuba post up. Though we had a great time, I'd like to point out that in some ways I do feel shitty about the way we rich kids go down to paradise and fuck around while your average Cuban or Dominican sleeps every night in a house that most of us would consider unlivable. (That's why it's best not to leave the resort.)
I'm sure those fishing guides thought we were complete assholes. Then again, we did leave them our catch. And we paid them. And as James would say, "That's just the way it is." in the world.
Or was that Bruce Hornsby?

I also figured out the video thing to get YouTube on here. It only took me about a year...
Like most of my technological understandings, it was a trial and error thing that I just stumbled upon. Glad I sorted it out though. Now I just gotta figure out how to get an mp3 player in the sidebar and I'll be rockin.

I had an interview this week for a job in London for the summer, but it turned out to be an interview for what I was doing with the next 3 years of my life, as the doctor and his assistant quizzed me on why I wanted to do my Masters with them. Needless to say, I stumbled like a fool. But who knows, they seemed to like me. I even got a tour of the lab after the 45 minute interview.

I also sorted out a place to stay this summer if I actually do lock up a job down here. Turns out it's about 5 doors down the road from my place now, so that's pretty cool. Most of the summer would be spent alone (unless we find someone to take the other bedroom), but I will have a solid 3 weeks with my friend Laura, because she has to take an Orgo Chem class during the summer.
Then James and I just have to sort out an 8 month lease for next year, hopefully with Ben and Steve back in town too.

I found an article the other day about a set of twins that's been discovered in the States. Turns out they're half identical and half fraternal - something that was previously thought to be impossible. I guess ya learn somethin new every day.

What else is new... my bro came down last weekend. It had been awhile since I'd seen him, and I finally got to see his car. I took it for a spin even though he didn't want me to. (That's why I took off while he was passed out the morning after drinking til 5:30.)

Not much else to say, gotta go get some work done.

No comments: