Friday, September 29, 2006

I'm tired of waking up tired

Well that puzzle experiment didn't work exactly as planned, but I think I'll leave it on the site cuz it's still pretty cool.

It's been awhile since I've said anything about what's shakin in my life recently, so I'll give an update now.

I guess the biggest news is that I'm no longer a single man. During frosh week things came together (no pun intended) with a girl named Jenn that I barely knew before this summer. There were a couple of drunken nights when we flirted in the summer, and obviously more happened in frosh week, so here we are now. She's a really cool girl, and so far she hasn't complained about any of my stupidity or drunken actions, so things are looking good! Then again, things usually start out just peachy before the problems arise.
Regardless, it's been a couple fo years since I've been in anything serious, so I'm looking forward ot a consistent piece of ass. haha

In other news, I found out last night that the Work Study program rejected me, so it looks like I'm gonna be nothing but a volunteer all year long in the lab. Not necessarily a bad thing I suppose, as it'll still look good on my resume and give me alot of practical experience. Hopefully that'll lead to a full time summer job next year, either with the prof I work for now or another option. We'll see I guess.

Last night I also watched ther movie "Unforgiven", a Western with Eastwood, Hack-man and Mrogan Freeman. It was pretty fricken dynamite.

Last night the boys and I all did our annual hockey draft for the upcoming NHL season. I did reasonably well in my forwards and goalies, but my defence is questionable. Two big question-marks are Kim Johnsson and Niklas Kronwall; the former is supposed to be headlining the PP for the wild, and Kronwall should put up some good stats in Detroit. I got Ward and Kipper in net (along with JS Giguerre as a sub) and my boy Ovechkin on forward, along with Gagne, Forsberg, Nash, Bell, Tanguay, and a few others that I can't rememeber at the moment.

I've been much better about staying on top of my school work this year, but I'm seriously fucking tired of waking up groggy as hell, wishing for a nap all day long. One thing that I've let slide badly is my physical activity. I basically did fuck all for a solid month after I finished work, and now it's gonna be rough getting back into things. Last Sunday's baseball game was a prime example of how out of shape I am, seeing as I'm still sore in the legs right now. Then again, I was hungover as shit, which probably didn't help. Thankfully the weather led to the cancellation of our ballhockey game that night. I'll be back soon enough tho, I just need to get over this cold and get our running a bit, then hit the weights again.

I'm still happy as hell to be back in London, but it's starting to sink in that after this year almost everyone will be gone. I know a few people sticking around for another year, but the majority of my friends will graduate this year and start into real life. I guess there's no time like the present, so we'd better enjoy it. I'm also gonna do my best to take a few more pics this year, since Mather wants to do a slidshow/video thing at the end of the year to catalogue all of our years here. I'll be sure to insist that we include that Vitamin C song in there somewhere. I don't remember what it's called...

Around the homestead there's news as well - our landlord fixed our decimated balcony railings, and it cost us $400 to fix the thing. On the plus side, we got a new deep freezer a few weeks ago, and just yesterday we got our new fridge. 6 guys in one fridge was a little ridiculous, but now it seems that we almost have too much space. Oh well, that just leaves more room for beer when we have our next party.

Another thing that's been on my mind (and pissing me off) is the fact that even though I've got my lists together for top 5's of the year, I have yet to post them on here. For future convenience, I'm gonna post them in the August records, that way I'll be able to look back next year and find them. When I finally do get them up I'll just link it from a new post.

Speaking of computers, I finally swithced over to Firefox and away from Internet Explorer. But for this reason, you may notice the title and some other aspects of this blog are totally fucked up. I don't pretend to know fuck all about codes and shit on here, I just figure things out by trial and error.
I highly recommend you switch over as well, as IE is harder on your computer, and much less convenient than Firefox. Plus Firefox just flat out looks better. The change-over isn't without problems though, as you have to reset all of your passwords, preferences, and re-allign all of your favourites.

I guess that's all for now. I'd better get back to the books.

No comments: