Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to school, back to school to prove to dad that I'm not a fool

It seems that within a few short days most of my annoyances in life have disappeared.

My list of shit that was annoying me has become considerably smaller. Since I'm no longer home, I don't have to worry about all of those things - like the cats and the John-man, as well as my parents.

Plus I found some decent white shoes and my Kelly Clarkson poster! Had to go all the way to Sam the Record Man to find it too. He's a good man tho, he knew what I was lookin for.

And now it seems that life is going a mile a minute. Everything's picking up speed and coming together, and all I've been able to do is pound back the beer and pretend I'll catch up next week.


It looks like I'm gonna be getting a job in a lab, at least as a volunteer for a couple of weeks until my application goes through for paid work. I'm gonna get into a lab with a prof who just advised me on my courses, and we've sorted out that in the end I'm gonna end up with a Double Major in Med Sci and Micro/Immu, with a minor in Psych. I don't even know if that's possible tecnically, but it's what I'll have.
Turns out this prof is also teaching 2 of my classes this yr, so that means I'll have to try harder in those classes so I can impress her (and that way I can beg my way out of the midterm to write it early, so I can go to this concert on Nov 3rd)

That concert is none other than BOB FUCKING DYLAN featuring the FOO FUCKING FIGHTERS! I almost pooped myself when it was announced, and I even woke up early (still drunk) to order the tix online. They weren't cheap, but I thought to myself "when are you ever going to see Bobby D again? Not to mention the Foo's you idiot."

I also found out this week that my uncle (well tecnically my step-mom's brother-in-law) is in my anaomy class. I remember he mentioned somethign about furthering his education, but i had no idea it would be in my class at my school. He is, afterall, 40 yrs old and from Toronto. But he's a really cool guy who acts and looks like he's in his late 20's. I'll have to go out boozing with him sometime.

In other news, the female presence in my life has picked up alot too. There's tons of stuff to worry about right now tho, and this is just another thing to add to the list. In the end I'm sure I'll fuck everything up and find myself at home alone every friday night.

Just kidding, I'm as smooth as silk baby.

Mint out.

No comments: