Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Salt. Salt. Where's the fuckin' salt?

Well this past weekend was the 2nd annual Gabelwood get-together for the Western crew. I think there were about 18 of us that made an appearance, some staying longer than others. This time we stayed for two nights, which meant more boozing than last year.

And despite the crazy rainstorms and heat, it was an awesome time.

But for some reason at the end I felt somehow unfulfilled by the whole thing. It was great to see everyone and hang out, booze, and catch up on stories, but something seemed to be missing. Maybe it was the lack of poker, the fact that I didn't get embarrassingly drunk, or the fact that we didn't all go swimming (ass-naked) again. Who knows. The absence of my lover Party Boy also probably played a factor too.

It also served as a good reminder that summer is going to be over way too soon. It seemed like Mather and Marlee were only there for a few hours and then they were gone. It also sucked that Kate only made a short appearance too. And Ben and PB couldn't even show up at all.

The music, however, was great. Courtesy of Leigh and I, of course. I shoulda put "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World" on that CD dammit.

Not much else to say except for a big thank you to Leigh for her patience and hospitality. Oh, and for the hemp-dealie in the works! I still think yours looked sexier on me though, despite how tight it was.

No comments: