Thursday, March 31, 2005

You'll be dead alot longer than you'll be alive

I haven't written lately, and I'm feeling kinda shitty right now, so I'll just copy this post from something I wrote a while back. Today in class Martin brought up "Captain Planet" which reminded me of this little bit of drunken rambling...

Feb. 7, 05

Think of all the times you’ve given up on someone. What if you gave up too early? I bet a lot of ex-girlfriends of rock stars have said that. “If only I had stayed with that guy!” Well shut the fuck up. Apparently you have no judgement of what could be great and what won’t be great. Shit is what it is. There’s no hope for anything but that.
So let’s say I grew up and got me a trophy wife and had the millions. I hope you’re sad you passed me by. Living in a life that you claim makes you happy, but really you wish you’d fucked me back in college and you were with me now.
That’s you and me in 20 years, if we both make it that far. And if not, who’s to say we were right to give up on each other? A great man once said, “you’ll be dead for a lot longer than you’ll be alive” and I take that to heart. I hope you do too. With all that free time you’ll be able to reflect on how badly you handled things back in the living world. Taking shit for granted and living for yourself.
Maybe there is no heaven or hell, just a period of reflection. Those who lived well will see it all as it was, and those who didn’t will see the world they created. Maybe that’s hell. Who knows. Everyone’s own revelation once the truth is revealed. Maybe that defines heaven and hell for the dead. So the damned have to suffer that, as the holy sit there and eat chips with that dip that has salsa and sour cream and cheese in it. Sittin there watchin the shows that made a difference on TV. Like Call of Duty and the Smurfs, and maybe even Captain Planet. After all, he
is a hero. Saving the world and shit. Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and don’t forget Heart. Most important of all is Heart.

I can't say I really wrote that for anyone in particular. At least it's entertaining, even to me today. Off to sleep I go...

No comments: