Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The cure for cankers (I'm still working on cancer)

Last week my stomache gave me hell. I don't really even know why. It started Wednesday morning and lasted pretty well through most of Saturday. I bet I had 2 solid meals in that time, mostly I just had a few snacks if I could force me down. I didn't drink much on St. Patty's day, but if you read my last post, maybe it was a good thing. I eventually had a drunken night on Saturday, followed by some delicious Stobies pizza. I hear Gow woke up with BBQ sauce all over his face the next morning. Who puts that crap on pizza anyway? I crashed in James' bed for the night, and since then I've been fairly unproductive. New topic...

About 2 weeks ago I woke up one morning with my lips stuck together, right in the middle. Naturally I wrenched them apart, only to find that I had actually cut my upper lip pretty good in doing so. And for about a week my damn lip hurt like hell. It kept me away at night and distracted me alot as I tried to study for exams. But once Sunday hit, I found the cure. The cure is known as beer. For quite some time I have advocated the benefits of beer for curing canker sores, but the lip healing was a pleasant surprise. So if ever you have a canker, drink a dozen beers and wake up cured! That is, if you can make it to 12... some lightweights may have trouble with that. But for the girls out there who dont like beer, I doubt your sugarry drinks would work in this way, so don't blam me if you fail miserably.

Onto another random topic. I have been frustrated with my sleeping as of late. I find that I'm tired as hell around 11, but I always have something to do that requires me to stay up an extra hour or so. And by the time 1 a.m. rolls around I'm wide awake. So I usually get to bed around 2 or 3, yet most of my classes aren't until noon, which is fortunate. Still, I find a way to fall behind on my work that required me to stay up in the first place. I usually just say "fuck it" and browse the news websites and see whats on eBay.

Speaking of news, I've been surprised at the lack of coverage of the asian earthquake the other day, as well as the school shooting that happened just today in the US. And don't get me started on the way the media has fallen away from the increasing violence in Iraq since the election. No wonder W wanted to get that election over with. Now he can fabricate news and sell it to the masses like it's candy. And as I complain about the limited coverage of these things, just think of the complete lack of coverage on so many other fronts. It's mind-boggling. That said, I'm tired and need to be up earlier than usual.

No comments: